PARENTS, DO YOU NEED SOMETHING FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO DO?
ARE YOU READY TO SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL?
WE SURE WISH WE WERE READY FOR THEM, BUT IT'S NOT QUITE TIME!
HERE'S SOME IDEAS TO KEEP THEIR BRAINS GROWING!
Below is a listing of websites and resources for you and your children to check out!
READING IDEAS: (These resources can be used for all age levels)
1. www.readworks.org : Here you can find reading passages along with questions to
**Google ReadWorks and then click on "New K-8 Reading" or "Reading Passages"
there are many on line books, games, and resources to check out.
** Click on the tab that
says "For Youth" --> Then click "TumbleBooks"
Finally, click "Story Books" or click on the other resources.
3. www.wegivebooks.org/books : Free sign up to read several books on line.
4. http://www.timeforkids.com : Website offers an opportunity to find materials at your
child's interest. Good for boys or children who like non-fiction.
5. www.raz-kids.com : Many reading activities
6. Don't Forget our Local Library: Nottawa Township Library : check out
their website (http://nottawatownshiplibrary.com/) for information.
MATH IDEAS: (These resources can be used for all age levels)
1. https://www.khanacademy.org/commoncore/map : This is an EXCELLENT
site to practice math problems and skills with all ages!
2. www.coolmath-Games.com : Interactive math games.
3. MathPlayground.com : Interactive games for various levels.
examples, and explanations. (For older children)
MATH AND READING IDEAS:
(These resources can be used for all age levels)
1. www.mobymax.com : You will need to sign up for a
username and password, but is free!
2. Bitesize Website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/
Website packed full of math and reading games and information.
Join Us For
Meet the Teacher Night
Wednesday, August 27th from 6-7:30 pm
First Day of School for 2014-15 School Year
is Tuesday, September 2nd
Student and Classroom Supply Lists:
Kindergarten: No supply list. Students need a backpack and lunch box. All supplies are donations to community classroom.